Howard Stores Corporation
Beautifully engraved antique specimen stock certificate from the Howard Stores Corporation dating back to the mid to latter 1900's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of the company Chairman of the Board and Secretary, was printed by the Columbian Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a pair of male allegorical figures flanking the company crest.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The first Howard Clothes store opened in New York in 1924 and was founded by Samuel Kappel, Joseph Langerman, and Henry Marks – named after Langerman’s son Howard.
A corporation was subsequently organized in New York in 1925 under the name Howard Clothes Inc. and was later changed to Howard Stores Corporation.
The company operated a massive factory in Brooklyn, just on the other side of the Manhattan Bridge, in the neighborhood now known as Dumbo. They sponsored a radio show called Howard Dandies, broadcast on WABC.
Their line was limited to men’s clothing, with a major competitor being Bond Stores.