Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Hopkins Consolidated Oil Corporation dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by HFLCO and measures approximately 12 1/8" (w) by 9" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an eagle atop a shield and arrows.
The Hopkins Consolidated Oil Corporation was incorporated in Delaware in 1923, but was based in Houston, Texas.
The company was chartered by S. P. Hopkins, B. F. Jones and E. Houseman.
The company had property and some small leases in Arkansas, but it appears to have been a scam.
S. P. Hopkins was charged with mail fraud, when he promoted his company as being capitalized at $11,000,000 when it was actually around $1,100,000.