Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Hermann Mining Company of New York dating back to the 1870's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by Henry Siebert & Bros. and measures approximately 10 1/4" (w) by 5 3/4" (h).
This certificate features a vignette of three miners with picks and shovels.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Hermann Mining Company of New York had operations in Georgetown, Colorado.
The company owned the Dunkirk lode, 1,400x150 feet, and the Peralto, 1,500x150 feet; both situated on Republican Mountain, about three miles from Georgetown
The mine was located in 1874, and patented; veins both fissures, running nearly east and west, well deAned, and in the former over fifty feet wide, with a pay streak from one to twenty-four inches of iron and copper pyrites, galena, gray copper and zinc blende, intermixed with a considerable percentage of wire silver and silver glance; developed by one main shaft, with 3,000 feet of drifts and cross-cuts, and some stoping.