Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Globe Gold Mining Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, measures approximately 10 1/2" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate features an eagle with a shield.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Globe Gold Mining Company was incorporated in South Dakota and based in Lead.
After the company was organized, it acquired 320 acres of ground adjoining the Homestake on the east, and on the west and north touching the properties of the Golden Reward and Horseshoe. The ground was on the west side of Nevada Gulch, a short distance from the city limits of Lead.
Property amounting to 1,500 acres was held at Nahant, thirteen miles south, and surrounding the railway station of the Burlington & Missouri. Included with this property was a fine water right and an excellent mill location.
At and near Hanna, six miles southwest of Lead, the company owned 600
acres of land, on which there was excellent standing timber. The veins were only
partially developed, as at Nahant, but showed encouraging values.