Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Friends of the Hunting Dog dating back to the 1920's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by Wm. F. Murphy's Sons Co. of Philadelphia, and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an eagle atop a shield with arrows in its talons.
Located in Medford, New Jersey, Friends of the Hunting Dog is today known as the English Setter Club of America. Founded in 1919, the company was formed by the founders to retain the grounds for the club and for field trials.
Over the years, the club’s facilities as a public boarding kennel gained renown in many states. It was not uncommon during and after the second World War to receive cablegrams from overseas that dogs were being shipped to the United States to be in the care of the English Setter Club of America.
Distinguished members included brewing magnate Gustave Pabst.