Fort Wayne Rink Association
Beautifully engraved antique bond certificate from the Fort Wayne Rink Association dating back to the 1870's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, measures approximately 10 3/4" (w) by 9 1/4" (h).
Beautiful nineteenth-century bond covering a very rare topic – skating. Great vignette depicts numerous individuals in period dress having fun at the organizartion's rink - complete with an arched ceiling.
The Fort Wayne Rink Association was organized in Fort Wayne, Indiana in 1873 and erected a substantial brick building 60 by 150 feet in size with a floor space capable of accommodating 500 skaters. For several seasons the reputation of the place attracted some of America's leading professional ice skaters. Hervey Brothers built the structure and became the managers of the rink.
During the portions of the year when the rink could not be used for skating it was the scene of many notable public gatherings.