Fairmont and Clarksburg Traction Company
Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Fairmont and Clarksburg Traction Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by Hoen & Co. Lith. of Baltimore and measures approximately 13" (w) by 10 1/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features one of the company's electric trolleys.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The roots of this company date back to 1900 with the formation of the Fairmont & Southern Railway Company. Two years later, the company became the Fairmont & Clarksburg Electric Railroad, before becoming the Fairmont & Clarksburg Traction Company the following year.
In 1912, the Fairmont & Clarksburg Traction Company was merged with the Fairmont & Northern Traction Company and the Clarksburg & Western Electric Railway Company to form the Monongahela Valley Traction Company.
This new entity became the Monongahela Power & Railway Company in 1921, and two years later became the Monongahela West Penn Public Service Company.