Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Empire Cotton Oil Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the Republic Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 8 1/2" (h).
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Empire Cotton Oil Company was incorporated under the laws of Delaware in May of 1912. The company was formed to take over 11 cotton oil companies, all of which were located in Georgia:
- Bainbridge Oil Company
- Valdosta Oil Company
- Quitman Oil Company
- Vienna Cotton Oil Company
- Laurens Cotton Oil Company
- Atlanta Oil & Fertilizer Company
- North Georgia Fertilizer Company
- Telfair Fertilizer Company
- Monticello Oil Company
- Madison Oil Company
- Central Oil and Fertilizer Company
In 1913 the company produced 26,191 tons of cottonseed meal, of which 21,087 were sold for domestic consumption and used in the manufacture of fertilizers. Its sales of bagged fertilizer in that year amounted to about 32,000 tons.