Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Emerson Shoe Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company Vice President and Treasurer, was printed by Hobbs & Warren Lith. of Boston, and measures approximately 11" (w) by 8 1/2" (h).
This certificate features a great vignette of a large, stately building.
The Emerson Shoe Company was formed in 1905 in Massachusetts to take over the assets of R. B. Grover & Company, including the Simmons & Hall manufacturing plant located in Rockland, Massachusetts.
Simmons & Hall was also a shoe producer who had lines known as the "Hall" and the "Rockland Special." The Emerson Shoe Company continued to produce these lines.