Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Elizabeth Brewing Corporation dating back to the 1930's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary/Treasurer, was printed by the Broun-Green Company and measures approximately 12 1/4" (w) by 8 3/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a male figure turning a valve. He is surrounded by a dynamo, gears, factories, buildings, trains, and a harbor scene.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Elizabeth Brewing Corporation was incorporated in New Jersey in 1932.
The history of this legendary brewery began in 1865 as the Eller & Beyer Brewery before changing hands in 1882 to become the Laible & Breidt Brewery. In 1887 the company became the City Brewery Company. In 1920, when prohibition made it illegal to manufacture and sell alcoholic beverages, the name changed again to the City Products Company. The brewery then manufactured low alcohol beers or near beers.
Once prohibition was repealed in 1933, the name would again change to Elizabeth Brewing Corporation. This only lasted two years, as the company became the Peter Breidt Brewing Company in 1935. It operated under this name until 195, when the brewery was closed.