Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Eby Shoe Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the Republic Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate features a vignette of a pair allegorical female figures flanking the company logo.
The Eby Shoe Company was incorporated in 1904 in Pennsylvania. That same year, it merged with the Lititz Shoe Company which was also organized in 1904. The Lititz Shoe Company took possession of a building vacated by the Kendig Manufacturing Company and installed machinery that was capable of producing 500 pairs of Goodyear welt shoes daily.
When the companies merged, they acquired a planing mill formerly occupied by Seaber & Grube, which was subsequently remodeled, and equipped with machinery for the manufacturing of one thousand pairs a day of children's shoes.