Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Easton, South Easton and West End Passenger Railway Co. dating back to the 1800's. This document was printed by Wm. F. Murphy's Sons of Philadelphia and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 7 3/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a horse-drawn trolley on a city street.
The Easton, South Easton and West End Passenger Railway Company was formed on June 1, 1886 as a consolidation of the Easton and South Easton Passenger Railway Company (chartered in 1866,) and The West End Passenger Railway Company (chartered in 1871.)
The line commenced at the grounds of the Farmers’ and Меchanics Institute; through Butler Street to Sixteenth Street; through Sixteenth Street to Washington Street; through Washington Street to Walnut Street; through Walnut Street to Sixth Street and Northampton; down Northampton Street to Public Square and Third Street; through Third Street, over thc bridge crossing the Lehigh River, to Canal Street, South Easton; by Canal Street and public highway to the Lehigh Valley railroad shops at the corner Canal and Lehigh Streets, South Easton.
All told, the line operated just over four miles of track.