Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the East Shore and Suburban Railway Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by Britton & Rey, Lith. and measures approximately 9 1/2" (w) by 6 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features three electrified trolleys.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Eastshore and Suburban Railway (E&SR) was a formerly independent unit of the historic San Francisco Bay Area Key System which ran streetcar trains in Richmond, California, San Pablo, and El Cerrito. There were several lines with terminals at Point Richmond, North Richmond, the county line with Alameda County (a transfer point), what is now San Pablo, and Grand Canyon/East Richmond/Alvarado Park.
Service to Oakland required a transfer to Oakland Traction Company trains at the County Line station and service to San Francisco required an additional transfer in Oakland. The systems were later consolidated into the Key System.
Service began to be replaced by buses beginning on August 1, 1932, with the conversion of the East Richmond/23rd Street line to buses. Lines were converted to buses one at a time with the last remaining line being in September 1933. Fares were originally 5 cents and were raised to 7 cents over time at the time of the last runs.