Eagle - Macomber Motor Car Co.
Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Eagle-Macomber Motor Car Co. dating back to the 1910's. This document, which was printed by Goes, is signed by the company Vice President and Assistant Secretary and measures approximately 11" (w) by 8 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an eagle atop a globe. The company slogan states "The Motor That Speeds the Eagle."
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
Walter G. Macomber founded the Eagle Cyclecar Company in 1914 in Los Angeles, California. A short time later, the company was reorganized and moved to Chicago, Illinois.
Macomber started with the production of automobiles under the Eagle name. In December 1914, the company was renamed Eagle-Macomber Motor Car Company. The company initially remained in Chicago, bit moved to a larger plant in Sandusky, Ohio in November of 1915.
From 1916, the vehicles were marketed as Eagle Macomber. Production ended in 1918, after a total of 35 vehicles were created.
The unusual thing about the vehicles was a self-developed radial engine, which was designed as a five-cylinder, air-cooled engine. The vehicles were called cycle cars.
- Model 1: Stagger Seat Roadster
- Model 1A: Roadster 2-Seater
- No Model Name Assigned: Cloverleaf Roadster 3-Seater; Roadster 2-Seater
- Model D; Touring Car 5-Seater; Touring Sedan 5-Seater