Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Durbin Automatic Train Pipe Connector Co. dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by S. G. Adams, Stationer, and measures approximately 12 1/8" (w) by 9 1/8" (h).
This certificate features a detailed vignette of a female allegorical figure.
Very hard to find piece.
The Durbin Automatic Train Pipe Connector Co. was incorporated in Arizona and was based in St. Louis, Missouri.
The company manufactured rail car connectors designed to couple and uncouple air and steam hose automatically, as well as to connect an automatic train telephone system between the engine and coaches or caboose, thereby enabling the engineer and conductor to be in telephonic communication at all times.
Some of the claims made for this connector were:
- It obviated the necessity of men going between cars to couple and uncouple air and steam hose,
- It saved fuel in proportion to shortened time,
- It was interchangeable with the present air and steam hose couplings,
- It would not leak under any condition of curvature or rough track,
- It would couple equally well on high and low cars.
All of our pieces are original - we do not sell reproductions. If you ever find out that one of our pieces is not authentic, you may return it for a full refund of the purchase price and any associated shipping charges.