Diamond Shamrock, Inc.
Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from Diamond Shamrock, Inc. dating back to the 1990's. This document, which carries the printed signature of the company CEO and Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
The vignette features a reclining allegorical female figure in front of a refinery.
The images presented are representative of the piece(s) you will receive. When representative images are presented for one of our offerings, you will receive a certificate in similar condition as the one pictured; however dating, denomination, certificate number and issuance details may vary.
Diamond Shamrock’s roots date back to August 9, 1929 when Shamrock Oil and Gas Company was founded by John Sheerin, who named the company for a symbol of his native Ireland. The company was headquartered in Amarillo. By 1941 there were 162 Shamrock service stations in the southwestern states. During the mid-1940s Shamrock became a major producer of natural gas.
In 1967 Shamrock Oil and Gas Company and Diamond Alkali merged to form the Diamond Shamrock Corporation. At the time of the merger, the products of the company were about 20 percent oil and gas and 80 percent chemical. The company expanded its oil and gas exploration efforts in the early 1970s and built several new chemical plants. In 1978 the company headquarters were moved to Dallas.
In January 1983, Sigmor, one of the largest independent service-station chains in the country, merged with Diamond Shamrock. Diamond Shamrock acquired some 600 retail outlets by the merger, as well as the Three Rivers oil refinery, constructed by Sigmor in the mid-1970s in Live Oak County midway between San Antonio and Corpus Christi. In 1987 the Diamond Shamrock Refining and Marketing Company was separated from Diamond Shamrock Corporation, the parent company, and became an independent company headquartered in San Antonio. As part of the same reorganization, Diamond Shamrock Corporation changed its name to Maxus Energy Corporation, and severed all legal ties to Diamond Shamrock Refining and Marketing Company. In 1990 Diamond Shamrock Refining and Marketing Company, Incorporated, simplified its name to Diamond Shamrock, Incorporated.