Diamond National Corporation
Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Diamond National Corporation dating back to the 1960's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
Detailed vignette shows two hands holding a small pine tree. This scene is flanked by a lumberjack and a man holding an industrial wrench.
Diamond National was involved in a number of industries, including printing, paperboard cartons, lumber, matches, papers, packaging machinery, plastic products, metal containers, aerosol cans and other consumer products.
The company was originally formed in 1880 in Connecticut as the Diamond Match Company. The company was later dissolved and then incorporated as a holding company in Delaware on December 26, 1930, with the same name and as the principal operating subsidiary, Diamond Match Company.
The company name was changed to Diamond Gardner Company on November 4, 1957; and to Diamond National Corporation on September 28, 1959. The company became Diamond International Corporation on October 22, 1964.