Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from Delta Air Lines, Inc. dating back to the 1970's. This document, which carries the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was a printed by the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's intricate vignette features a SST flying past a female figure and a globe.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
Delta Air Lines began as a crop dusting operation called Huff Daland Dusters, Incorporated. The company was founded on May 30, 1924, in Macon, Georgia, and moved to Monroe, Louisiana, in 1925. They flew a Huff-Daland Duster, the first true crop duster, designed to combat the boll weevil infestation of cotton crops. Collett E. Woolman, one of the original directors, purchased the company on September 13, 1928, and renamed it Delta Air Service. Service began on June 17, 1929, with the inaugural flight between Dallas, Texas and Jackson, Mississippi. The company recognizes four founders: the principal founder Collett E. Woolman, C. H. McHenery, Travis Oliver, and Malcolm S. Biedenharn.
Delta moved its headquarters to its current location in Atlanta in 1941, and continued to grow through the addition of routes and the acquisition of other airlines.
Delta's more recent history is marked by its emergence from bankruptcy on April 25, 2007, and the subsequent merger with Northwest Airlines. The merger was announced April 14, 2008, and was set to create the world's largest airline. After approval of the merger on October 29, 2008, Northwest continued to operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta until December 31, 2009, when both carriers' operating certificates were merged (the Delta certificate was kept). Delta completed integration with Northwest on January 31, 2010, when their reservation systems and websites were combined, and the Northwest Airlines brand was officially retired.