Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Danville Gas Company dating back to the 1850's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by Wm. M. Christy of Philadelphia and measures approximately 10 1/4" (w) by 8" (h).
Beautiful piece with a vignette of a masted ship.
The Danville Gas Company was incorporated in Pennsylvania on May 8, 1854. The company served the burough of the same name.
The company was acquired by the Consumers Gas Company on November 8, 1882.