Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Cripple Creek Central Railway Company dating back to the 1920's and 1930's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8" (h).
Fantastic triple vignette centers around a train steaming past a mountainside industrial town. It is flanked by a pair of detailed mining scenes.
The Cripple Creek Central Railway Company was formed by Henry Bickmer in 1904. The line acquired some choice properties from the Denver and Southwestern Railway Company and eventually controlled the Midland Terminal Railway, the Florence & Cripple Creek RR, the Golden Circle RR, the Canon City & Cripple Creek RR, the La Bella Mill, the Water & Power Company and the Golden Colorado Trading & Transfer Company. As a result, most rail traffic in and out of the District was under Blackmer's control.
In 1906, Kessler & Company, representing a group of Boston businessmen, gained control of the line and its properties.