Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Consolidated Textiles Corporation dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company Vice President and Assistant Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11" (w) by 7" (h).
This certificate features a beautiful vignette of a pair of allegorical angels holding a book and flanking cotton plant.
The Consolidated Textile Corporation was incorporated in Delaware in September 1919 as a consolidation of three small regional textile mills - the Pilot Cotton Mills Company, Jas. N. Williamson & Sons and the Ella Manufacturing Company, all of North Carolina. Two months later, the Lynchburg Cotton Mills of Virginia was added.
The company produced clothing and accessories under a number of trade names, including the Fruit of the Loom line, which was acquired when the company took over B. B. & R. Knight's 17 plants.