Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Commonwealth Flour Mills, Incorporated dating back to the 1930's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, measures approximately 10 1/2" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
The certificate's vignette features an eagle with a shield and some arrows.
Commonwealth Flour Mills, Incorporated was in organized in Delaware in 1930.
The company was based in St. Louis, Missouri and was aholding company for the Hall Milling Company and the Bernet, Craft and Kauffman Milling Company.
The Hall Milling Company owned a 3,200-barrel mill in East St. Louis, Illinois and had storage capacity of about 750,000 bushels. The Bernet, Craft & Kauffman Milling Company owned a 2,100-barrel mill at Mt. Carmel, Illinois with storage space of 400,000 bushels.