Cleveland and Sandusky Brewing Company
Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Cleveland and Sandusky Brewing Company dating back to the 1890's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the International Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 1/4" (w) by 7 1/4" (h).
This certificate features a nice vignette of a female figure pensive in thought.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured. Please note chipping along top margin.
The Cleveland and Sandusky Brewing Company was formed in 1897 As a consolidation of the following breweries:
- Keubler and Stang
The first eleven listed were all in Cleveland, while Keubler and Strang was located in Sandusky.
The merger was designed to give the new, larger company a competitive advantage over the remaining, smaller breweries. Later, the advantage led to three other smaller breweries joining the company - Schlather, Fishel and Lorain.
The brewery gained a national following when it began toasting its malt, and also for introducing throw-away bottles.
Among the many brands produced by the company were the Bohemian, Culmbacher, Gold Bond, Crystal Rock and White Label lines.