Clarksburg, Weston and Glenville Railroad and Transportation Company
Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Clarksburg, Weston and Glenville Railroad and Transportation Company dating back to the 1880's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by Wm. F. Murphy's Sons, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 7 1/4" (h).
This certificate features an incredibly detailed locomotive vignette.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Clarksburg, Weston & Glenville Railroad (CW&G), headed by Johnson N. Camden, was created by transfer of the holding of the Weston and West Fork Railroad, on January 29, 1879. The line was a narrow gauge railroad, and was completed between Clarksburg to Jane Lew on August 9, 1879, and from that point, completed to Weston, West Virginia on September 1st of the same year.
On November 1, 1879, the railroad took over the mail services to points along its route. The Riverside Iron Works, of Wheeling, West Virginia supplied the rails, fish plates, bars, and spikes used to build the road.
In June of 1883, the CW&G was extended to Buckhannon, West Virginia The CW&G was merged with the Weston & West Fork Railroad Company, on April 10, 1889, to form the Clarksburg, Weston & Midland Railroad Company.
About two years later, the West Virginia & Pittsburgh Railroad took possession of the line, converting it to standard gauge.