Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Cincinnati, Indianapolis & Western Railroad Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which was printed by the American Bank Note Company, is signed by the company Treasurer and Assistant Secretary, and measures approximately 11 1/4" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a train steaming down the tracks.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Western Railroad was established in 1915 as a reorganization of the Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Western Railway, which in turn was created in 1902 as a merger of the Indiana, Decatur and Western Railway and Cincinnati, Hamilton and Indianapolis Railroad.
Predecessors of the ID&W include the Indianapolis, Decatur and Western Railway (1888-1894), the Indianapolis & Wabash Railway (1887-1888), the Indianapolis, Decatur and Springfield Railway (1875-1887), and the Indiana and Illinois Central Railway (1853-1875).
In 1925 the company operated 347 miles of road and 460 miles of track. A few years later it moved into the Baltimore & Ohio system.