Beautifully engraved antique bond certificate from the Chicago Terminal Transfer Railroad Company dating back to the 1890's. This document, which is signed by the company Vice President and Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 10" (w) by 14 1/2" (h).
This certificate features a great vignette of Chicago's Grand Central Station.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Chicago Terminal Transfer Railroad was the successor to the Chicago & Northern Pacific Railroad. The latter was organized in November, 1889, to acquire and lease facilities to other roads and transact a local business. The Road under its new name was chartered, June 4, 1897, to purchase at foreclosure sale the property of the Chicago & Northern Pacific, soon after acquiring the property of the Chicago & Calumet Terminal Railway also. The combination gave it the control of 84.53 miles of road, of which 70.76 miles were in Illinois.
The line was used for both passenger and freight terminal purposes, and also a belt line just outside the city limits. Its principal tenants were the Chicago Great Western, the Baltimore & Ohio, the Wisconsin Central Lines, and the Chicago, Hammond & Western Railroad.