Nicely engraved specimen stock certificate from the Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation dating back to the late 1900's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vigette features an eagle on a crag.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
In 1900, three men – Thaddeus Beal, his father William R. Beal and John Wilkie – purchased two companies which provided 5,000 Newburgh, New York customers with electricity and gas.
It was a bold move to reach beyond the economic activity of the city into a sparsely populated region, but Beal, Wilkie, and their associates recognized the need for consolidation of the many separate electric and gas companies serving our region. Over the next 25 years these men realized their vision. With the emergence of new energy technology and through the merger of 80-plus independent electric and gas companies, the Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation was formed.
In 2000, CH Energy Group, Inc., a holding company/parent organization of Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation and a family of subsidiaries known as Central Hudson Enterprises Corporation was formed.
The company is based in Poughkeepsie, New York.