Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from Central Airport, Incorporated dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was a printed by the Security Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
Central Airport, Incorporated was located in New Jersey and operated the Camden Central Airport.
Once opened for operations in September of 1929, Central Airport would be the prime air connection between the Philadelphia metropolitan area and the world for about twelve years. However, by 1938 the end was in sight. The development of larger airplanes such as the Douglas DC-3 meant the need for takeoff and landing strips longer than those at Central Airport, and the construction of the much larger Philadelphia International Airport doomed the field.
Once the Philadelphia Airport opened in June of 1940, the four airlines then serving Philadelphia through Central Airport (American, Eastern, TWA, and United) left the Pennsauken facility behind, terminating their operations at the then obsolete field.