Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Car Lighting and Power Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which has been signed by the company Vice President and Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a pair of allegorical figures flying with a wheel. The male figure wears a crown and holds a device of some sort. The topless female figure holds a light.
The Car Lighting and Power Company was incorporated under the laws of Maine on December 28, 1908 by the reorganization committee of the Consolidated Railway, Lighting & Refrigerating Company, to take over the property of that company, which had been purchased at receiver's sale by the committee.
The properties which were acquired by the new company were the Consolidated Railway, Electric Lighting & Equipment Company, the Lindstrom Brake Company and the Railway & Stationary Refrigerating Company.