Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Capitol Refining Company, Inc. dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, measures approximately 11" (w) by 7 3/4" (h).
The certificate's vignette features a detailed rendition of the Capitol Building.
The Capitol Refining Company, Inc. was incorporated in Virginia in 1913. The company's plant, which they purchased from the Columbia Cotton Oil and Provisions Company, was located in what was then called Relee, Virginia.
Today, the Pentagon sits on the site of the plant.