Camden Iron Works
Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Camden Iron Works dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11" (w) by 7 1/4" (h).
This certificate features a beautiful vignette of the New Jersey State Seal flanked by a train leaving an industrial town on the left and a farming scene on the right.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Camden Iron Works were incorporated in Camden, New Jersey in October of 1883 by John and Jesse Starr.
The company's plant was located in Cooper's Creek.
The Starrs operated the plant for only a brief time, and the R.D. Wood Company gained control later in 1883. The Wood facility went bankrupt in 1917.
The City of Camden purchased the site by 1920 for a Civic Center it never built but did convert one of the large iron works casting sheds into a convention hall that was used until a 1953 fire.
The Campbell Soup Company acquired much of the land to build its test kitchens, research laboratories in the 1950s and then later built the company’s world headquarters on the site.