Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Buffalo & State Line Rail Road Company dating back to the 1850's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by Toppan, Carpenter, Casilear & Co., and measures approximately 8 3/4" (w) by 5 1/2" (h).
This certificate features two fantastic train vignettes.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Buffalo and State Line Rail Road Company was incorporated in New York on October 13,1849. George Palmer was elected the line's first President.
In 1851 the company's planned Fredonia line was abandoned, the Dunkirk line adopted and the Dunkirk & State Line Road absorbed.
In 1852, the road opened from Dunkirk to State Line. On February 22nd of that year, the road opened from Buffalo to State Line.
On May 15, 1867 the line was consolidated with the Erie & Northeast Railroad to form the Buffalo & Erie Railroad. At the time, the Buffalo and State Line Rail Road had 68 miles of track.