Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the British Guiana Consolidated Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company Vice President and Treasurer, was a printed by the International Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/4" (w) by 7 3/4" (h).
This certificate's intricate vignette features the company's crest complete with a lion and unicorn.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The British Guiana Gold Concessions Company, Ltd., was a Maine corporation, organized for the purpose of taking over and operating the Peters gold mine, consisting of six claims, aggregating 165 acres in British Guiana.
Additional capital was needed, however, and as the company had in the meantime obtained possession of valuable timber concessions in the same locality, it was decided to combine the mining interests and these timber Interests in a new corporation - the British Guiana Consolidated Company, a South Dakota corporation.
The gold fields remained in operation until 1959.
British Guiana was the name of the British colony, part of the British West Indies (Caribbean), on the northern coast of South America, now known as the independent nation of Guyana (since 1966).