Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Blumberg Motor Manufacturing Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by Goes and measures approximately 10 3/4" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an allegorical female figure sitting on a dynamo. She is flanked by a factory and a trolley.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured. PLEASE REVIEW scans carefully.
This company was founded on June 1, 1914 in San Antonio, Texas as a family business. Hamilton Gustave Blumberg became president, his brother Randolph Julius was the Vice President and his brother-in-law AD Fischer the Treasurer. In August 1915, the company was officially registered. The headquarters were moved to Orange, also in Texas.
The main product was an engine, which was mainly installed in tractors. In addition, from 1915 to 1922, the company manufactured some passenger cars, which were marketed as Blumberg. After abandonment of vehicle production, parts were manufactured as well as vehicles of the Mitchell Motors Company sold.
In 1925 the company was dissolved.
The company's engine was designed by Hamilton Blumberg. The company claimed that it would run so cool that neither a fan nor radiator grille would be needed.
For cars, both four-cylinder engines and V8 engines were available. A seven-seat touring car was produced, which was offered for $3,000.
The tractors were marketed as Blumberg Steady Pull.