Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Belmont Iron Works dating back to the 1940's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Security Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 3/4" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate features a vignette of the Pennsylvania State Seal.
The Belmont Iron Works was incorporated in Pennsylvania and was based in Philadelphia. The company's initial factory was located on Washington Avenue.
The company was best known for making structural steel for bridges.
The company was acquired by Penn Galvanizing in the 1960's.