Nicely engraved antique bond certificate from the Bay Biscayne Bridge Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was a printed by the Central Banknote Company, and measures approximately 9 3/4" (w) by 15 1/4" (h).
This certificate's beautiful vignette features an eagle atop a shield and ribbon reading E Pluribus Unum.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Bay Biscayne, Bridge, opened March 1, 1926, and extended eastward approximately 2 miles across the shallow waters of Biscayne Bay, from the City of Miami to Miami Beach, the popular resort occupying the island which separates the Bay from the Atlantic Ocean.
Previous to the opening of this bridge, the only highway route between the two cities was over a very heavily used free bridge, more than 3 miles long, known as the Miami Causeway. This bridge was to the south of the Bay Biscayne Bridge and ran from Miami to the southern end of Miami Beach, so that although at Miami the approaches of the bridges were approximately two blocks apart, they were about 1 miles apart at Miami Beach. The amusement park section of Miami Beach was at the southern end of the island, whereas the high grade business center and the fine residential section were within a short distance of the approach to the new bridge.