Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from Barton Instrument Corporation dating back to the 1960's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Jeffries Bank Note Company and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features a globe, rocket, oil wells and a refinery.
Barton Instruments was originally formed in 1925 by Barton Jones and partners to develop forced air transformer coolers. In 1943, Jones invented the liquid-filled, dual-bellows unit. This "dry-type," rupture-proof element was a completely new concept in flow, liquid-level, and differential pressure measurement, and led to the heart of Barton's product offering - the Differential Pressure Unit (DPU). The dual-bellows meter continues as the industry standard for mechanical differential pressure measurement.
The Barton Instruments Corporation was subsequently incorporated in California in 1949. By then, the company had diversified into the manufacturing of a much wider range of products.
In 1964, the Barton Instruments Corporation was purchased by the International Telephone and Telegraph Corporation (ITT.)