Atlantic Fruit & Sugar Company
Beautifully engraved antique bond certificate from the Atlantic Fruit & Sugar Company dating back to the 1920's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Franklin-Lee Division of the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 10" (w) by 14 1/2" (h).
Over 20 coupons remain attached at the right margin.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
This company was incorporated under the laws of Maryland on February 15, 1924, as a reorganization of the Atlantic Fruit Company, which had been incorporated under the laws of Delaware on December 27, 1912, to take over the business and assets of Atlantic Fruit & Steamship Company.
The company owned 132,000 acres of farm land in Nicaragua and 153,000 acres in Cuba, a considerable portion of which is cultivated in bananas and sugar cane, and on which a sugar mill was erected and operated. The company also owned 30,000 acres of banana property in Jamaica; and had branch offices in New York City, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and agencies in Canada and a number of Eastern states.