Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the American Pneumatic Service Company dating back to the 1930's. This document, which is signed by the company Vice President and Assistant Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
This certificate features a vignette of an eagle atop a shield with arrows in its talons.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The American Pneumatic Service Company was incorporated under the laws of Delaware on July 1, 1899. The company owned practically all the important patents relating to pneumatic tube systems for mail and document delivery in stores, buildings, factories, hotels, etc. The company had a small minority interest in the Lamson Company (name changed from Lamson Consolidated Store Service Company in May, 1912) and the New York Mail & Newspaper Transportation Company.
The company owned land and buildings in Boston; also the license under all patents owned or hereafter to be acquired by the Batcheller Pneumatic Tube Company of Philadelphia. The comany held a contract with the United States Post Office for the carrying of mail by pneumatic tubes at the rate of $792,100 per annum.
The company had a number of subsidiaries including the Boston Pneumatic Transit Company, the Chicago Postal Pneumatic Tube Company, the International Pneumatic Service, the Massachusetts Pneumatic Tube Company, the New York Pneumatic Service Company and St. Louis Pneumatic.