Allegheny and Kinzua Railroad Company
Intricately engraved antique bond certificate from the Allegheny and Kinzua Railroad Company dating back to the 1890's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the Homer Lee Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 9 3/4" (w) by 14 1/2" (h).
This certificate's superb vignette features a train exiting a tunnel, with a river scene in the background.
The Allegheny and Kinzua was incorporated both as a New York railroad and a Pennsylvania railroad in February of 1890. The company was a consolidation of the Allegheny and Kinzua Railroad (Pennsylvania), and the Bradford and Corydon Railroad.
The company's main lines ran from Bradford, Pennsylvania to Coffee Run, Pennsylvania (14 miles) and Red House, New York to Gilbert, Pennsylvania (21 miles).
The company also had branch lines that ran from Shingle Mill, New York to Zeiliffe, New York (6 miles) and Johnson's Junction, Pennsylvania to Johnson's Mills, Pennsylvania (0.75 mile).