Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the American Power & Light Company dating back to the 1950's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 12" (w) by 8" (h).
This certificate's vignette features an eagle on a crag.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The American Power & Light Company was incorporated in Maine in 1909.
The holding company had over 35 subsidiaries prior to 1935. In 1942, the Securities and Exchange Commission ordered the company to be broken up, which was completed by 1951. Some of the company's holdings included:
- Citizens Power & Light Co., Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Central Arizona Light & Power Co., Phoenix, Arizona
- Florida Power & Light Co., Miami, Florida
- Fort Worth Power & Light Co., Fort Worth, Texas
- Helena Gas & Electric Co., Helena, Montana
- Kansas Gas & Electric Co., Wichita, Kansas
- Minnesota Power & Light Co., Duluth, Minnesota
- Missoula Public Service Co., Missoula, Montana
- Montana Power Company, Butte, Montana
- Nebraska Power Co., Omaha, Nebraska
- Northern Power Co., Superior, Wisconsin
- Northwestern Electric Co., Portland, Oregon
- Pacific Power & Light Co., Portland, Oregon
- Portland Gas & Coke Co., Portland, Oregon
- St. Augustine Co., St. Augustine, Florida
- Superior Water, Light & Power Co., Superior, Wisconsin
- Texas Electric Service Co., Dallas, Texas
- Texas Power & Light Co., Dallas, Texas
- Texas Public Utilities Corp., Dallas, Texas
- Washington Water Power Co., Spokane, Washington