The Twenty-Third Street Railway was a street railway in Manhattan, New York City. It was originally operated as horse cars and later electric traction. Its trackage ran along 23rd Street between 13th Avenue at the Hudson River and the East River east of Avenue A, with a depot on the north side of 23rd Street between 13th and 11th Avenues.
The company was chartered on January 29, 1872. It leased the Bleecker Street and Fulton Ferry Rail Road on January 10, 1876, and was leased to the Houston, West Street and Pavonia Ferry Railroad on April 25, 1893, which was consolidated into the Metropolitan Street Railway in December 1893. The Metropolitan Street Railway was leased by the Interurban Street Railway on April 1, 1902, which changed its name to the New York City Railway on February 10, 1904. That company went bankrupt in 1908, and the Metropolitan Street Railway separated on July 31. Upon consolidation, it became the 23rd Street Crosstown Line. Trolley service along the line ended on April 8, 1936.
Today the main line of the railroad is the M23 bus of the MTA's Regional Bus Operations.