Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Wilson Line, Incorporated dating back to the 1950's. This document, which contains the printed signatures of the company President and Treasurer, was printed by the Franklin Lee Division of the American Bank Note Company, and measures approximately 11 1/4" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
The vignette features an eagle on a crag.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Wilson Line began in 1882 as the Wilmington Steamboat Company under the direction of Captain Horace Wilson.
By 1888 there were 3 ships: the "Wilmington", the "Brandywine" and the "City of Chester".
In 1910 "City of Wilmington" and "City of Philadelphia" were purchased.
In 1923 the "State of Delaware" and "State of Pennsylvania" were added.
In 1929 the Wilmington Steamboat Company was purchased by a syndicate of Wilmington & Philadelphia interests headed by George B. Junkin and was renamed the "Wilson Line, Inc."
The Wilson Line was very popular for excursion trips to Philadelphia and to Wilmington. Until 1961, The Wilson Line also made daily trips in the summer to Riverview Beach Park in New Jersey.