Nicely engraved antique stock certificate from the Portland National Bank dating back to the 1930's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Cashier, was printed by Goes and measures approximately 10 3/4" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
The vignette features the Capitol Building.
The Portland National Bank was incorporated in Portland, Pennsylvania in 1903.
The company was dissolved in 1932, never recovering from the effects of the Great Depression.
Portland is a borough in Northampton County in the Lehigh Valley region of the state. It is part of Pennsylvania's Slate Belt, and is located on the border with New Jersey.