Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Port Jervis, Monticello and New York Rail Road Company dating back to the 1880's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Secretary, was printed by the New York Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11" (w) by 7 1/4" (h).
The vignette features a train steaming past some people and a horse in the countryside.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
This line was originally known as the Port Jervis and Monticello Railroad, and was organized in 1868. The line became the Port Jervis, Monticello and New York Railroad in the 1880’s. The line was leased to the New York, Ontario & Western in 1895, and was known as the O & W’s Port Jervis Branch. The company operated a main line between Port Jervis (along the Pennsylvania border) and Monticello (in the Catskill Mountains) as well as a branch line between Huguenot and Summitville.
The main line was known as the Minisink Valley Express.
On December 7, 1902, the line was purchased in foreclosure by the Port Jervis, Monticello and Summitville Railroad.