Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Northern Indiana Rail-Road Company dating back to the 1850's. This document, which is signed by the company President and Treasurer, was printed by Rawdon, Wright, Hatch & Edson and measures approximately 9 3/4" (w) by 6 1/4" (h).
The vignette features a train passing a Roman style building.
The Northern Indiana Rail Road Company (of Indiana) was incorporated February 6, 1835, in the State of Indiana.
The company owned 111.48 miles of railroad extending from the Michigan-Indiana State line to the Indiana-Illinois State line, with a branch projecting from Elkhart to Goshen, Indiana.
The line was reorganized numerous times during the 1850's before merging with the Michigan Southern in 1855 to form the Michigan Southern and Northern Indiana Rail-Road Company.