Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the New Orleans, Mobile and Chicago Railroad Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which has been signed by the company President and Assistant Treasurer, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11 1/2" (w) by 8" (h).
The vignette on this piece features a trio of trains passing by a large signal tower, with track workers in the center.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The New Orleans, Mobile and Chicago Railroad Company was incorporated in 1906 in the states of Alabama, Missisippi and Tennessee as a consolidation of the Gulf and Chicago Railroad and the Mobile, Jackson and Kansas City.
The railroad owned a single-track standard-gauge steam railroad, located in the three aforementioned states, aggregating 401.71 miles, which consisted of a main line extending from Mobile, Alabama, to Middleton, Tennessee, with branches projecting from Beaumont to Hattiesburg, Mississippi, and from Ellisville Junction to Ellisville, Mississippi. This company also owned about 1.50 miles of partially constructed road between Walnut and Brownfleld, Mississippi.
The company went into bankruptcy in 1919, and operated for for four more years before it was finally reogranized as The Gulf, Mobile and Northern Railroad.