Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Montgomery Shoshone Consolidated Mining Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by the company 2nd Vice President and Assistant Secretary, was printed by the American Bank Note Company and measures approximately 11" (w) by 7 1/2" (h).
The vignette on this piece features a pair of miners working a hydraulic drill in a tight seam.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Montgomery-Shoshone Consolidated Mining Company was incorporated on February 8, 1906, under the laws of South Dakota, to acquire all or a controlling interest in the following companies:
- Montgomery Shoshone Mines Company
- Shoshone Polaris Mining Company
- Crystal Bullfrog Mining Company
The properties were located at Bullfrog, Nevada, and comprised 178 acres, not including ten acres of mill sites. The Bullfrog Reduction & Water Co., whose capital stock was all owned by this company, was organized to treat the subsidiary companies’ ores, and owned the mill, pipe line and water supply.
The milling plant was completed on September 23, 1907. Owing to the rapid depletion of ore reserves, stockholders on October 6, 1910, authorized directors to discontinue operations at such time as it was found impossible to continue them further without substantial loss.