Beautifully engraved antique stock certificate from the Hereford Railway Company dating back to the early 1900's. This document, which has been signed by the company Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer, was printed by John A. Lowell & Co. and measures approximately 12 1/4" (w) by 8" (h).
The vignette features an intricately detailed train.
The Hereford Branch Railway Company was incorporated in 1887, to build from a point on the Atlantic and North West Railway Company, successor to the St. Francis & Megantic International, the International Railway Company and the Canadian Pacific, in the Township of Eaton (Cookshire, Quebec) to the International boundary in the Township of Hereford.
The following year, the corporate title was changed to the Hereford Railway Company and powers were granted to the new corporation to purchase the 4-mile railway of the Dominion Lime Company from its connection with the Quebec Central Railway at Dudswell Junction to Lime Ridge and the limestone quarry.
In 1890, the line was leased to the Maine Central Railroad.