Intricately engraved antique stock certificate from the Gilbert-True Oil Company dating back to the 1910's. This document, which is signed by a pair of company Trustees, was printed by Goes and measures approximately 10 3/4" (w) by 8 1/4" (h).
This certificate features an oil field vignette at the top and two gushing oil wells in the side borders.
You will receive the exact certificate pictured.
The Gilbert-True Oil Company was one of the countless oil concerns that popped up in Texas to take advantage of the boom of the late 1910's and early 1920's.
The company, which was based in Fort Worth, held five acres in the "Texas Chief Offset" of the Northwest Burkburnett Field. The company called the land the "Texas Cheif Offset" to try to capitalize on the fact that it was adjacent to the successful Texas Chief well.
The company also owned the royalties for the Norwood well.
There is no evidence that this company was ever anything more than a speculative venture that enticed investors with newspaper ads and provided little in terms of return.